By Felnunmoi Gangte
Gloomy skies and unpredictable weather take a toll on dressing choices for work or play. And sometimes we need a healthy dose of fun in our clothing to lighten us up and lift the grey and wet mood. Here are few looks put for looking trendy on a monsoon 9 to 5 day:
1. Dressing it up: Wear a versatile floral knee length dress, like the V-neck navy floral print dress by Ted Baker, for a retro vibe with gum boots. You could also wear it with ballerinas when the sun decides to show up. Carry a bold coloured bag, like the red shoulder handbag from Love Moschino, to pop up your outfit and brighten up your day!
2. Keeping it casual: Monsoon trends are all about brightening up a dull sky with bright shades. The Polo shirt from Fred Perry is an easy and effortless option. Team it up with roll-up boyfriend jeans (an easy way to avoid those annoying puddle patches) and cool sneakers. You could also wear a pair of trendy slides which are the cool kids on the block. Accessorise your look with an Alexander Wang studded Bucket Bag and you are good to go!
3. Monsoon bloom: Who says florals are just for Spring? Floral prints done tastefully can be just the right dose of preppy that a dull day needs. Go for a Ted Baker Floral LBD for a formal office day that stretches up to an office party in the evening and pair it with the good old pumps. If you are feeling particularly Blair Waldorf that day, go match-making with a Ted Baker bag with the similar print. On days you feel like a rebel, ditch the pumps, wear your strappy heels and sling on a Ted Baker cross body bag.
4. Easy breezy: When the humidity is almost unbearable, breathable silhouettes and fabrics are a saving grace. A Ted Baker floral T-shirt is all this and fashionable too. The mirrored floral print is fun and flirty. Team it up with retro palazzo pants from Seven For All Mankind and tuck the tee in for added oomph. You can either pair this up with moccasins or even clogs for that 70s vibe. Carry an Alexander Wang bucket bag to accessorise.
5. Classically cool: Whether you are going out for brunch with your girlfriends or a meeting with a client, wearing the most comfortable ensemble gets you furthest. Nothing beats the classic revival of old trends. This button-down shirt is the right blend of smart casual teamed with classic high bell-bottom jeans from Adriano Goldschmied. You can wear a pair of pointed kitten heels and accessorise with a tote bag from Kurt Geiger to complete the classic appeal.
Main image courtesy: Pixabay